Friday, November 12, 2010

Chandelier Event: 5th Birthday Tailgate Bash

 
It being Fall, I thought that it may be fun to host a sports-oriented birthday bash this year (I mean, how many Halloween parties can I throw?!). Besides, who isn't ready for some football?! This fun take on a kid-friendly tailgate party happens to be a little shindig I threw for my very spirited little (well, now big boy).

We hosted our bash at Bounce U -- a bounce house warehouse with various locations--that offers a great birthday party package sure to keep any pre-K tike occupied. I highly recommend their parties (Tip: spring for the extra $50 for a DJ to spin some tunes--it makes the jumping more fun for the parents standing around).
 
To take the post-jumping pizza party up a notch, I pulled together some inexpensive, easy-to-replicate DIY details.  The invite I designed boasted a primary color palette, the numbers 05 as an ode to his year and invited guests to join us wearing their favorite jersey. of course, it was signed "hugs & high fives from his biggest fans"....

On the tables, I gathered an assortment of balls and nestled them into flats of grass perched on a football field table cloth. I had the kids drink fruit punch out of a Gatorade cooler in solo cups--doesn't get more tailgate than that. And, pizza sufficed for this bash--but if you want to enhance the cuisine, mini hot dogs, hot pretzels, french fry cones, and mini cotton candy might be just the ticket! 
 

The ice cream cake was dressed up with a transposed graphic I designed that matched the invite.


And, as a takeaway, we filled popcorn bags with sports-themed accouterments (babe ruths, mini trophies, whistles, cracker jacks, circus peanuts and more!). Order candy in bulk at www.sweetcitycandy.com, and find lots of these little takeaways at Party City or Oriental Trading. 

 
Got a kid's party to share? We take submissions to Chandelier! Email us at inquiries@chandeliereventsny.com.

No comments: